The Parents & Friends Association’ (PFA) was formed in January 2010 with simple but specific aims:
- To enhance and improve the ‘Lostock’ experience for our students
- To promote Lostock College and its outstanding features and merits
- To encourage closer links between the school, staff, parents, local groups and businesses
- To organise student events and occasional parent and staff only events.
- To raise funds to finance our aims and for school and student projects
The funds raised help to provide additional resources for the students which cannot be met from within existing finances. We are always looking for new ideas for fund-raising events, so please get in touch if you feel there’s something we should try!
We are a small group of Parents, Friends, Teachers and even Past Students. We are keen to encourage contact from any source with ideas or help on a regular or intermittent basis.
All Parents automatically belong to the ‘Parents & Friends Association’ (PFA); being a ‘Friends’ association membership is not confined to Parents, but is extended to include other family relations, and members of the community, who share the same commitment and enthusiasm for Lostock College.
Currently, we meet fortnightly: this is not a requirement and volunteers are always welcome to ‘dip in and out’ as their schedules allow. Hope to see you soon!
We can be contacted either by phoning the school on 0161 865 5700. Alternatively, telephone 0161 864 5736 and leave a message, or email email@example.com