Career Ready Conversations
Career Ready are introducing weekly employer talks throughout the summer. Please see below for more information,
- When: Every Wednesday at 2-2.45pm for 6 weeks, starting next Wednesday 22nd July
- How: Meetings will be hosted live via Microsoft Teams and will be recorded so that students can view them at a later date
- Who: Available to ALL students and not just those that Career Ready currently work with.
- Sign up: Events will be on the Career Ready Eventbrite page. As you can see the 1st session is listed on there ready for people to sign up, with our very own CEO, Tokunbo Ajasa-Oluwa in the hot seat. Once students ‘purchase’ a ticket, they will receive a link to the meeting and be provided with the skills festival shared mailbox which they can utilise if they wish to submit questions in advance.
If you are still wanting to apply for a career in the creative industries there is still time to apply to Access Creative College. They are offering some virtual open days next week - Week beginning 20th July.
They offer courses in creative careers, events and music and computing, games and media. Follow this link to sign up to the taster days.
SALford College Transition
Salford College, consisting of Eccles, Pendleton, Worsley, City Skills and Future Skills are still accepting applications for September 2020 . Click on this link to apply.
Trafford College Transition
We have been asked about transition work and activities for Year 11 pupils who will be starting at Trafford College in September. We have created a section on our website called ‘Are you College Ready?’ where all our departments have provided an overview of the course, alongside learning activities and videos. These will help your Year 11 pupils with the transition from school to college. Please share the following link with your Year 11 pupils: https://trafford.ac.uk/school-leavers/school-leavers/collegeready
If you are at all interested in getting an apprenticeship we highly recommend attending this Virtual Event. To learn more click here
Over nine days in August (12-21) we will be offering a series of virtual events for young people and their parents, hearing and chatting to apprentices, employers and training providers to find out about the exciting opportunities on offer in Greater Manchester!
The events will offer information and support for young people & their parents over GCSE and A Level results day including:
• Apprentices talking about their amazing experiences learning on the job.
• Employers sharing their expectations of new apprentices and the brilliant benefits.
• Training providers describing how to apply and be successful in an apprenticeship.
Keep your eyes peeled on our social media channels and GMACS for news of the events and register your interest now to make sure you don’t miss out on attending from the comfort of your own home!
Online Workshops and Webinars
Y9-11 Budgeting workshop - https://gmhigher.ac.uk/events/budgeting-skills-workshop-pre-16
Y9-11 Study Skills workshop - https://gmhigher.ac.uk/events/study-skills-workshop/
Y9-11 Revision Skills workshop - https://gmhigher.ac.uk/events/revision-skills-workshop
Y9-11 Interview Skills workshop - https://gmhigher.ac.uk/events/interview-skills-workshop/
Y9-11 Student Life workshop - https://gmhigher.ac.uk/events/student-life-workshop/
Y9 HE Uncovered – presentation - https://gmhigher.ac.uk/events/he-uncovered
Y10/11 Why HE? Presentation - https://gmhigher.ac.uk/events/why-he