Selby Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 9PL

0161 864 5700

Lostock High School

Inspire - Transform - Succeed

  1. News
  2. Lostock High School Readathon: 27th November – 4th December 2023

Lostock High School Readathon: 27th November – 4th December 2023

23 November 2023 (by Chris Kirton (ckirton))

We are thrilled to announce an exciting event at Lostock High School – our whole school Readathon! This initiative encourages our students to embark on a reading journey while raising funds to enhance our library collection.

The Readathon, taking place next week, serves a dual purpose: fostering a love for reading and contributing to a noble cause. Students will be seeking sponsorship from friends and family to support their reading efforts, with a suggested donation of 10p per page read.

A whopping 80% of the funds raised will go towards providing books for children in hospitals, while the remaining 20% will be dedicated to updating our school library collection. You can find more details about the charity we are supporting by visiting

To kick off the Readathon, students will visit the library this week to choose a non-fiction book, although they are encouraged to read whatever captures their imagination – be it comics, classics, or anything in between. The emphasis is on reading for pure enjoyment.

We invite all students to log the minutes they spend reading on the 'Track My Read' website, and they will receive their login details this Friday. To log your young person’s reading, visit or see the attached document for a QR code to scan.

To sponsor your child's reading, please visit and use our school’s code 77305.

For those who prefer traditional methods, sponsorship forms will be sent home with your child on Friday, November 24th. We kindly request that any funds raised be returned to the school by Monday, December 4th. Every contribution, big or small, makes a meaningful difference.

As a token of our appreciation for your ongoing support, we extend an invitation to you and your young reader to a 'school library night' on Tuesday, November 28th, from 3pm till 5pm. Join us for sweet treats, hot chocolate, engaging activities, and of course, a bit of story time. Feel free to drop in at any time!

Thank you for your continued support in making our Readathon a resounding success. Together, let's ignite the joy of reading in our students!