Free School Meal Online Applications
Trafford Local Authority and schools in Trafford have invested in an Online Free School Meal Checker, the system allows for you to check the free school meal eligibility of your child/children online, without having to complete a paper copy. The link to the online applications system can be found at:
Information provided by Government : Which children qualify for free school meals:
Your child may qualify if you have any of these incomes:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- The guaranteed part of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as your annual gross income is £16,190 or less and you don’t get Working Tax Credit)
- Working Tax Credit run-off after you come off Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit that you applied for on, or after 1st April 2018. As long as your household income is less than £7,400 a year after tax, no including any benefits.
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
When you have made the necessary application Lostock High School will automatically be notified if your child/children are eligible for free school meals; until that notification is received you must provide funds to purchase a dinner or a packed lunch.